Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Percy Priest 4-19-16

Percy Priest - 4-19-2015

Couldn't stand it any longer. Headed to the lake today for the first time to launch my boat since early October. My knee from surgery in November is still giving me fits. I have also been tending to Jo Anne who had knee replacement 3 weeks ago. So yeah I was ready for the lake. As I suspected the ramp parking lot was full at Stewart Creek. The lake is lower than I have seen It but I got the boat launched. The question was would it start after sitting up over 6 months. Cranked on the first turn of the key. Thank you for noethanol gas.

Fished the exposed boulders in ski boat cove off Stewart Creek with no hits. Moved back in to Stewarts. I have been throwing a chartreuse and white Chatter bait, a 1.5 Squarebill and a Speed worm. No hits. Cranked up and headed up lake to the convergence of Fall Creek, Spring Creek and the Stones River. Fished a bluff bank and caught a goggle eye on a baby D Bomb. Motored into Fall Creek and fished some exposed boulders. Finally caught my first and only bass, about 1.5 pounds. Caught on a Chatter Bait and had a couple of more hits but no hookups.  

Headed back to the ramp with all the boats putting in and taking out took a while to get loaded. With my bad knee found myself in a couple of awkward positions when I couldn't move but finally loaded up and headed for home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home